Hiles Happenings

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Catching up

Well I looked back, and I have not written in a bit. Brendon is teething (as he has been for over a month now) but now it seems to be getting painful. He is quick to cry and fuss at every little thing. We are in a power struggle at the moment of who can out last who. He does not like to be told no or have anything that he wants, to be taken away from him and when you do, the water works start, but the second you turn your head he goes for it again! oy! So a lot of my day is spent praying for patience for myself.... so enough excuses.

Sunday was a lot of fun. We got up and went to church, Brendon had a great time in the nursery playing with all the other kids. All of us went for a long walk afterwards to just enjoy the day of blue skies and sunshine (such a nice change from the cold and snow) Of course walking was an obsticle on some streets as the ice was just starting to melt away due to the sunshine... interesting to walk on with a stroller. We were invited to our neighbors house to watch the superbowl. That was a good time. there were four other boys there (4,5,6 and 12 years old) but they had a good time giving Brendon toys and running all around him. He just sat back and took it all.

Monday was mom's birthday, so we got cards off in the mail (oops, supposed to do that before the day actually gets here). I watched the store for a while so JEremiah and Brendon could go home and play together for a while. We were able to find a family that wanted to adopt our dog. We loved him, but we were unable to give him the attention that he needed, so we decided that it was time to let someone else have him and give him what he needed. We miss him, but I think it was for the best.

Tuesday was an all right day, Brendon was quite the crank all day so I finally broke down and bought some baby orajel.... you should see the face he makes when I put that in his mouth, I will try to capture it on film as it is priceless. We continued our study of Growing Kids God's way, tonight was all about speaking your mates love language (and your childs too when they are old enough). It is a good lesson to learn, if you have never heard of this concept, read Gary Chapman's The Five Love Languages book, it is eye opening!

Well it is Wednesday morning and the forecast looks good. Mom flies in tomorrow to drive to Denver with me so I can go buy the Fall/Winter clothes for our store! She is going to be Grammy and watch Brendon all day, so much fun. To bad Denver is buried under snow, so they might have to hang out indoors all day. Oh well, he will just love it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I have read both Language of Love books and found them to be incredibly insightful! It is very interesting to me that I do not speak the same "language" as some of my children...so it is a good encourager for me to try to learn their language and make a good effort. If you like his books you would love Shepherding a Childs Heart by Tedd Tripp--This is an EXCELLENT MUST HAVE for any parent!

I hope Brendons teething episode goes quickly for your sake, and his. My kids never really got too cranky about it...I gave them tylenol and cold celery. Good Luck!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker