Hiles Happenings

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Reminder of our own mortality

It is a sad day in our neighborhood. Our next door neighbor (a police officer for Montrose PD) was found dead in her home Monday morning. Police are not sure of the cause of death but do not suspect foul play. Our neighbor was only 27 years old. It reminds us that we do not know when God will call us home and we must be prepared, both spiritually and legaly. This got J and I thinking about Brendon and what to do if we should be called home before he grows up. I have been reading through how to prepare your last will and testament. It is kind of a downer thought process, but encourages me that if something should happen to Jeremiah and myself that Brendon will be well taken care of and go where we want him to go. It is an interesting process to decide what to do with your own child should you not be there for them. Will the person you choose raise him with the values and morals you would?

Just a thought...

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

This is indeed very sad. I often think about my children if something would happen to me...and it just makes me cry and cry! I also try to prepare them for the spiritual aspect of it as well...Faith that I will indeed see them once again if they follow the Lords commands. Somehow that makes me feel a little better, and them too.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker